Our social responsibility
The ONOMO Group is committed to:
• Protecting the environment and communities where the ONOMO Group works and lives.
• Complying with applicable national and international legal requirements.
• Complying with Good International Industry Practices (GIIP).
• Respecting the fundamental conventions of the International Labor Organization (ILO).
• Continuous improvement of the E&S (environmental & social) management and performance of the ONOMO Group.
• Having a positive impact on local communities.
• Ensuring, when relying on contractors to perform work, that their policies, especially during the project’s construction phase, comply with ONOMO E&S policies; that the contractors engaged by the ONOMO Group work in compliance with national and international regulations and laws, the fundamental ILO conventions and the GIIP; and, when discrepancies are identified, that contractors rectify them.
• Obtaining EDGE certification for selected hotels. EDGE certification from the International Finance Corporation (IFC) is a construction program that requires projects to achieve a 20% improvement over a benchmark average performance. IFC’s EDGE certification takes into account energy, water and the use of materials (regarding thermal insulation) and requires a 20% improvement on all criteria; in other words, credits cannot be traded between categories. For the construction of all new hotels, we rely on the latest technology and energy-efficiency systems.